Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gone with the Wind......review...

The greatest love story of all generations.. Simply read and fall in LOVE.. If you people had never been in love before you would definitely feel the feelings of love while reading this.. The unforgettable love story of Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler written some 75 years back set at the background of 18th century.. Margaret Mitchell it's author had won Pulitzer Prize..

It's the story of a woman who doesn't want to admit her feelings about the man she loves, and finally loses him..

Scarlett was not beautiful but men who were caught by her irresistible charm never realized that.. She was in love with Ashley Wilkes and wanted to marry him but when he married someone else then just to ran after him she married thrice..

Rhett Butler who was totally in love with her when he first saw her but never told her.. He had done all the things to irritate her..to hurt her with his bitter dialogues eg."with enough courage, you can do without a reputation.. How fickle is woman.."But his love was unconditional and she never realized eg."I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.."
Though his tough exterior he was extremely soft hearted person eg."Scarlett! Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman..I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands."

Rhett did all the things to protect her but Scarlett simply never understood..[ forces her to look him in the eyes ] "Here's a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett. Wants to feel your arms around him, wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. Never mind about loving me, you're a woman sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory.
."

I can't explain all the things..if I continue writing this would turn into a mini novel..So if you really want to know the real story go for it and read it....Unforgettable Book...I promise..

Read it and fall in LOVE.....somewhere I think every girl want a Rhett Butler in their life..I am not sure about others but I am sure about Myself...

10 comments:

BrownPhantom said...

I watched the movie before I cud get hold of the novel :). Now readding is not gonna happen.
Nice selections...

Dreaming Eyes said...

heyyy bp...but movie cant give you the same feelings as novel can give...but choice is yours..take care...

sm said...

its great novel with great movie,
i have not got chance to read the book ,but i like the movie,
like your article.
while reading your post,just a thought came a small poem i can say,
in this world
everyone is looking for
love
but i wonder
what is reason
every one is without love

Dreaming Eyes said...

hmmm gud lines....see the effect of a love story..gone with the wind..u r now a poet.....good going.. keep rocking...take care...

Chicky said...

Funny u shud write abt this story at this point of time! I also saw the movie recently (haven't yet read the novel thoug), and had been thinking of blogging abt it, but didn't.

I liked the character of Scarlett... loved it infact, so full of life & so completely honest in an era of hypocrisy! Nobody really understood her I feel.

As for Ashley & the Butler dude -- I found them both assholes. (Forgive my use of such a strong word, but it's because of them that I didn't write abt this on my blog!)

Ashley kept dragging her along for so many years, when he could have told her in the very beginning that he did not love her anymore. And Mr. Butler, he walked out on her right after she excitedly revealed to him her new-found discovery that she was indeed in love with him!

Apparently, both were insecure men -- Ashley 'coz he wanted a bird in the bush while one was in the hand, and butler... he didn't consider himself worthy of Scarlett's love deep down, he could take her hatred willingly but freaked out when she fell in love with him! So he left!

Btw, that review is just based on the movie. I don't know, maybe the story was changed from the original novel... so...

good blog btw. I am at http://mysterious-kaddu.blogspot.com/

Dreaming Eyes said...

hi kaddu...as i told earlier movie cant give u the same feelings as the original novel( gone with the wind) can give...go for the novel and am sure u will change ur views abt rhett butler and wud be pity on scarlett...and yeah i hv written at dis point of time coz i hvnt found any posts on dis topic..so i took the credit..:-)

btw thanx 4 ur visit and comment..take care..enjoy life..nd yeah i wll surely visit ur blog..

Saurabh said...

Hi, I agree with you, the movie can not give the actual feelings. I believe they both make the best romantic pair of all time. I have also read "Scarlett" the sequel to GWTW. The perfect ending to their beautiful love, Do read if you get time...

Dreaming Eyes said...

hi saurabh..thanx 4 ur visit...yeah i hv also read the sequel 'scarlett'..but to be vry frank i dint likd it...it dsnt hv the same touchy feelings..i dint felt connected to dat...but its my vision..u take care..keep visiting..keep writing...:-)

Chicky said...

Hello once again DE! Yeah, I thought that might be the case. My sister had this book. I got it from her just a few days ago. But will start on it only after I complete some exams I'm busy with currently. :-p
Do visit my blog too... would love to hear what you have to say about my posts! :-p

Dreaming Eyes said...

hi kaddu..yeah sure..wud love to read ur posts..thanx..take care...